Meet Your Tutor
A Canadian who moved to Britain in 1976 with her American husband and family, Gail studied art in Canada, England and Scotland. She completed both Parts 1 and 2 (Diploma) of the City and Guilds Design and Embroidery course with Distinction in both parts. She was awarded the Senior Qualification of Licentiateship (LCGI) by the City and Guilds Institute and continued on teaching City and Guilds and becoming an External Verifier for student work. Returning to the US with her family in 1995, she has taught courses in Design and Embroidery and directed the Arts Center she founded in Washington state. She has written five books on embroidery published in both Britain and the US. Over her career, she has taught thousands of students, sharing her passion for embroidery, textiles, and design.
Summary of Session Activities
Art techniques are tailored for the sketchbook.
- The first two sessions will be manipulating papers into varied textural surfaces.
- The next 2 sessions (3 and 4) will be printing with a printing pad and a rubber block.
- The 5th session, will be designing journal page edges with borders and patterns.
- The 6th session, will be creating a small mockup of a customized accordion book.
- Bonus session 7 will feature artwork from class students
Your tutor will be showing Power Point Presentations during the sessions. Students have found it easier to work after the session, rather than at the same time.